Starting off where John Brabyn, who documented the pre-model year 2009, left off at the MY 2010 Range Rover. This is a big update as there is a whole new engine block employed. IIRC the 5.0L Jag engine is not based on the older AJV8 block. The interior electronics are updated although much of the look of the 2007 remains. The front is different with smaller headlamps and a more rounded fascia which has continued through the 2014 MY. The fog lamps sit lower reminiscent of a p38a (broken fog lamps). And I have heard they are not as reliable as 06-09 from owners and LR mechanics, they definitely need more attention with cleaning since they are direct injection. Dave Tallant, referenced before recommends yearly fuel induction service (these have other names I’ll get them up).
Here is the 2010 MY USA Land Rover Full Range Brochure. Some highlights:
- HDD based navigation
- LED treatment on lights
- LCD Dash Instrument pack
- SC times seem to be conservative
- Edmunds tested 2010 SC @ 5.5 s
- Interestingly rolling to sixty was faster at 5.1s (same as C&D)
- Car and Driver Tested the 5.0L SC @5.1 s
- NEW OPTIONS FOR 10MY
- Surround Camera System with trailer assist
- Blind Spot monitor
- Automatic Headlamps with High Beam Assist (AHBA)
- Adaptive Dynamics
- MUCH MORE NOW COVERED IN OUR FIRST RANGE ROVER BOOK CLIFF’s UNOFFICIAL L322 ‘FULL FAT’ RANGE ROVER BUYERS GUIDE
- We have to take down some content on offroad rover due to Amazon Publishing Guidelines, please note information on this site has always been copyrighted.